Nothing beats a good Kiwi sports bars with a room full of people glued to walls of television screens cheering on their team. Aucklander’s and visitors to the city area have some cracker options for getting a-little sports watching action along with a few beers, a wine, some awesome eats and a little pokies gaming action also at some venues. If you don’t like sports just go along for the people watching and a few drinks.
No matter if you love following the All Blacks in the Rugby Union, the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL, the Black Caps in the Cricket, the UFC or your local Basketball team you will find the best games being shown at our favourite pubs on this page.
We review and take a look at the best Auckland sports bar venues in the CBD and surrounding areas, some of these have pokies gaming machines and some don’t but they all offer great drinks, entertainment and food options. Most of our recommended venues have daily food and drink deals that are gonna keep your wallet happy 🙂 In no particular order check them out right below……
- Popular sports bar showing most events in Auckland CBD.
- Serving great food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in-between these.
- Good for groups, kids and blokes just wanting a few drinks.
- Takeaway food available if you are on the go.
- Best breakfast in the Auckland city area.
- Awesome pizzas and share plates.
- Daily deals on yummy food specials.
- Fantastic prices on jugs of beer.
- Table service provided.
- Cracker happy hour daily 4pm to 7pm.
- Outdoor drinking and dining area.
- 18 pokies gaming machines available.
- TAB service available.
Address: 4 Fort St, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 9-379 4498
- Fantastic freshly locally brewed beer on tap in Auckland CBD.
- Premium sports bar that will open 24 hours (select days) so you won’t miss any international events.
- Lovely views of the beautiful Viaduct Harbour area.
- The beers are brewed in-house through their own microbrewery units.
- Daily food specials – Don’t miss the popular Sunday roast at a super price, take Mum and Dad and they will love you for it!
- Best lunch meal deals in the city area.
- All the major international and New Zealand sports are shown on the HD TV’s.
- Other sports shown on request and they can reserve an area for you on request.
- The Fox can host functions, corporate events or private parties at great rates.
- Don’t miss the taste of New Zealand menu items – Just amazing Kiwi inspired eats.
- The Fox gourmet burger, Best burger in Auckland CBD by far!
Address: 85/87 Customs St W, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 09-358 2767
- The Kingslander is the locals watering hole right in Kingsland.
- You can have a game of pool or darts and watch all the popular sports events on
their 3 large projector screens and 6 wide screen HD TVs.
- The Kingslander is located just 300m from Eden Park so it’s a great pre or post game venue.
- A great stone grill menu available for diners – 2 for 1 deals available on select days.
- Everyday meal promos that are not to be missed like a pizza and beer deal at nearly mate’s rates.
- Don’t miss the Kingsy Bacon Double Cheese burger – it’s just the bomb…..
- Entertainment provided on select days with bands and DJ’s.
- Be sure to check out Nectar their upstairs bar with an exposed rooftop garden.
Address: 470 New North Road,
Kingsland, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: 09-849 5777
|SLOT NITE Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|
- Located in Auckland’s Parnell area, The Paddington is the ideal place to unwind with a beer or vino after work.
- For the sports lovers, The Paddington is the venue to be with sports events shown live on 7 television screens.
- Watch the latest sports games or enjoy dinner before heading to a show at the Vector Arena.
- Fantastic bar features an enormous range of beers on tap and by the bottle.
- Massive wine list with all the best wines from around New Zealand and some Aussie crackers.
- Superb pub style dining menu offers all kinds of tasty items from light meals to pizzas, share platters and heartier items for the big eaters.
- Great food, drink and a lively atmosphere can be found here, The Paddington is a pub that
offers a superb time at immense value.
- Don’t miss the Peri Peri chook burger – it’s delish and cheap as chips.
Address: 117 St George’s Bay Road
Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: 09-309 3586
- This venue is more about the food and beer than sports, not to worry they still have plenty of sports shown
- Go for the food stay for the sports action 🙂
- There are many of areas in this venue to watch sports in front of a big screen both indoors and outside.
- With a fantastic range of craft beers, The Cav ensures you will stay is thoroughly hydrated by the tastiest Kiwi ales and lagers at fantastic prices.
- Make sure you try the 1866 burger as it’s one of the best in Auckland.
- You will find modern cuisine here with excellent value for money overall.
Address: 68 College Hill, Ponsonby
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone: 09 -376 4230
- Many big screens dot the venue for all the sports action right in Auckland CBD.
- Located among strategically placed greenery and comfy bench seating you’ll find a hip cocktail bar within a shipping container, a mini golf green and a pétanque play area.
- All weather beer garden with big tables for group drinks and eats.
- Grab any gourmet burgers or tasty sandwiches for $10 before 3pm every Saturday to Wednesday.
- Have a Margarita and a Margherita Pizza every Monday for just $10 each.
- Enjoy $10 Cuban Mojitos on Saturday between 5pm and 9pm.
- Try the messy yet delish Jameson Whiskey Ribs on Thursdays you get 1/2 KG of Ribs + Fries for just $20.
- Join in the Tuesday night table tennis tournament – it’s more fun and you will play better after a few lagers.
Address: 31 Galway Street,
Britomart, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 09 303 – 2541
- Yes, it’s a weird name that you not going to forget quickly, evidently the story goes it was named after a chap took on one of the larger species in the animal kingdom and probably lost.
- There are a many seating options from sit-down tables, large picnic tables, bar leaners and everything in between to keep you comfy.
- The warmer months see’s the courtyard roof open-up, making it just one big open-aired sports viewing venue.
- This bar has a big menu, tasty pizzas and yummy cocktails. It’s a new kind of hip local watering hole, a pub for those who prefer Heineken over Lion Red (how could you), those people that like to take photos of their food, those that like shoes over jandals and acoustic jams over noisy poker machines WTF!
- Grab some daily food and drink specials at amazing prices.
- House party on Saturday nights for all the boppers.
- Great loyalty program – you get $1 back for every $8 you spend here, how great is that!
Address: 138 Hurstmere Road,
Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 09-489 8030
- It’s of the oldest pubs to be found in the city, EST: 1870 – its early days of you could find boxing matches and cockfights of all things.
- The big garden bar has many wall-mounted TV screens to watch your favourite teams play.
- Auckland’s biggest Garden Bar with a central CBD location.
- Quiz nights, DJ’s and entertainment events.
- Steak specials of just $10 with any drink purchase.
- Amazing views from the rooftop bar.
- Retractable roof keeps things cosy all year round.
Address: 137 Victoria St W,
Auckland City, New Zealand
Phone 09-373 4389
- Located just 15 minutes from Auckland City this English Pub is your top sports bar a
little way out of the city centre but well worth a visit.
- They show all major sporting events on the large screens and TV’s.
- Be entertained with live music, karaoke nights, quiz nights, play pool or have a
super meal or drink in the lovely garden area.
- They serve up breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
- The best Sunday roast in Auckland – we promise you that!
- Make sure your try the delish Char-Grilled Lamb Salad or the Salt & Pepper Squid Salad.
Address: 14 Victoria Road,
Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 9 445 3010
- Tactics Sports Bar has eighteen Pokies Gaming Machines.
- Watch sports on any one of their five LCD TV’s or the big screen.
- Large outdoor seating area is available.
- Have a game of pool, hit the dance floor and bop to the beats.
- Thursday is Karaoke Night for all the wannabe rock stars, starts at 8pm.
- The venue is fully Air-Conditioned with heaps of spacious seating to lounge about.
- Have a punt on the self-service TAB Machine and then watch your team win (well hopefully).
- Tactics is also a super place to host functions, events or work parties.
Address: 13 Aviemore Dr, Highland Park,
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 9-535 1528
- Located right in the heart of Auckland’s bustling Viaduct Harbour.
- Showing all the best local and international sports on many big TV’s.
- This is the perfect example of a traditional Irish Pub, it’s not your normal fake Irish bar.
- Daily meal deal promotions on offer.
- Reasonable prices and great quality for a venue located in the Viaduct area.
- Authentic Irish meals meet modern Kiwi cooking.
- The Auckland CBD waterfront atmosphere is second to none at this venue.
- Enjoy live Music every Friday and Saturday from 11pm to late, playing your favourite tunes and the classic’s.
- Try the huge 750 gram Rump steak with chips, mushrooms, onion rings and gravy for $34.95 with a drink.
Address: 103 Custom Street West,
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 09-363 2106
- Plenty of big screen TV’s ensure you will see all the sports action.
- Best sports bar a little south of the Auckland city area.
- Located about a 20 minute drive south of the Auckland city area in the Three Kings area.
- Best for Mt Eden, Epsom, Mt Eden, Mt Albert or Mt Roskill locals.
- All day dining – try the Champions Kiwi burger just delish!
- 18 Pokie gaming machines in a air conditioned lounge area.
- TAB facility on-site.
- Great loyalty rewards program available.
Address: 540 Mount Albert Rd, Three Kings,
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone 9-625 6111
More New Zealand Local Pokies Clubs, Restaurants, Pubs, Casinos
- Right Track Sports Café Auckland Review
- Gordy’s Bar & Gaming Lounge Manukau
- The Brass Boxer Sports Bar Auckland Review
- Tui Clubrooms Papatoetoe Guide
- The Workshop Bar Kelston Guide
- The Kingslander Sports Bar Auckland Review
- Belmont Bar Auckland Guide
- The QF Tavern Auckland Review
- Wairau Sports Bar Glenfield Guide
- Brownzy Sports Bar Auckland Guide
- The Fox Sporting Bar and Restaurant Auckland Review
- Our Local Bar, Wiri, South Auckland Review & Guide
- Dark Horse Bar & Grill Mairangi Bay Review
- The Rudder on Hauraki Pub Guide
- Wade Tavern Sports Bar and Bistro Auckland Guide
- 185 Sports BAR in Southmall Manurewa Guide
- Pats Garage Sports Bar Hillcrest Auckland Guide
- Pitt Street Pub Auckland Guide
|UPTOWN ACES Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|