To get your fix of Brothers Beer, you have a choice of three locations all located in Auckland, New Zealand. Brothers Beer City Works Depot is located at Shed 3D, City Works Depot, 90 Wellesley St West. At this location, you will find a Retail Store and Beer Tasting Lounge with over 200 bottles of beer and 18 brews on tap. On site, there is a 4800 litre capacity brewery, along with the best crafted beers from New Zealand and around the world. Why not enjoy some fresh thin crust pizza or buffalo wings while listening to live music and tasting special releases – what could be better!
Just down the road is Brothers Brewery and Juke Joint located at 5 Akiraho St., Mount Eden, Auckland where you will find the main production brewery. Enjoy a beer, southern style BBQ pork ribs or beef brisket while sitting in the sunshine filled courtyard on those awesome Auckland afternoons.
Head over to Orakei and there you will find Brother Barrel Room in Orakei Bay Village. While you are there you can choose from a huge selection of drinks whether it be from one of the 18 taps or one of the finest bottled drinks ready to drink or site or to take away. Enjoy a drink and a burger while you look over the Orakei Basin. Feel free to bring the kids along where the kid’s menu will surely keep them satisfied. Given the location, this venue is perfect for any private or commercial functions that you may have.
Beer Samples of Many at Brothers Beer
Brothers Beer are proud of their following Brews and styles:
- Lagers: That are simple, clean and refreshing.
- Tropical: Tropical fruit punch flavours, crisp and refreshing finish.
- Pilsner: This is a sharp, true pilsner with a mix of New Zealand hops, made for those who like real flavour.
- Pale: A perfect balance between well-rounded malt and fresh, citrusy New Zealand hops.
- Amber: An easy drinking with slight biscuit and toffee flavour, perfectly balanced out with sharp bitterness and aromatic type hops.
- IPA: Punchy pop character, New Zealand and American hops mixed with a malty backbone.
- Black: A combination of fruity Cascade and Citra hops with rich, chocolaty roasted malts traits.
Brothers Beer locations
All of Brothers Beers’ locations are easily accessible by public transport. To get to the Brewery, Retail Store & Tasting Lounge, walk 20 minutes from Britomart Transport Centre or 5 minutes from the Skytower. There is plenty of off street parking available within the City Works Depot.
Mt Eden’s Brewery and Juke Joint are right nearby the Mount Eden Station on the Western Line. There are multiple bus stops nearby such as; Mount Eden Road, Dominion Road and New North Road. Auckland Transport Website has updated timetables and routes to make your journey easier. Off street parking is available behind the brewery or at Regal Castings after 5:30 pm (7 Akiraho Street). To get to Brothers Barrel Room in Orakei Bay Village, simply get off at Orakei train station and you’ll be there within minutes.
Menu Sample of the Orakei Beer Brothers Location
About Brothers Beer
The present owners, Andrew Larsen (Andy) and Anthony Browne (Ant) first met over a few beers and quickly became friends as they shared the same passions. Further down the track, they discussed starting a business together.
Prior to Brothers Beer, Andy had already worked in the beer industry as a talented brewer and brewing consultant for some 14 years. However, the most important thing for Andy was to have a brewery in his home town. On the other hand, Ant enjoyed a beer after a long day in the office and therefore was drawn to the idea of crafting beer. The two went on a trip to Good Beer Week In Melbourne, Australia where it was made clear that Auckland was missing out on quality beer and good food in their local pubs.
After three months of dreaming and creating, the Retail Store and Beer Tasting Lounge was opened on 5 December. After a successful beginning, in 2015, Brother Beer outgrew the little brewery which led to a new and expanded brewery called Juke Joint and was born in Mt Eden. Soon after, bottles of beer were being sent out to Auckland’s finest restaurants, cafes, bars and bottle shops. It wasn’t long until the Barrel Room in Orakei was created so that the people from the Eastern Bays could enjoy a beer along with one of the best Auckland gourmet burgers to be found.
Opening hours and Contacts
BROTHERS CITY WORKS DEPOT
7 days, midday – 10pm.
(09) 366 6100
SHED 3D, CITY WORKS DEPOT,
90 WELLESLEY STREET WEST
AUCKLAND CBD 1010
BROTHERS BREWERY & JUKE JOINT
Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30am – 10pm. Sunday 11:30am – 8pm.
(09) 638 7592
5 AKIRAHO STREET
Sunday-Thursday, midday – 10pm.
Friday-Saturday, 11:30am – 10pm
(09) 974 3380
228 ORAKEI RD,
Map and address
90 Wellesley St W, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
More New Zealand Local Pokies Clubs, Restaurants, Pubs, Casinos
- Galbraith’s Alehouse Auckland Review
- Orakei RSA Club Guide
- The Shakespeare Hotel Auckland Review
- The Brass Boxer Sports Bar Auckland Review
- Vultures Lane Auckland Review
- f Bar Kingsland (Near Eden Park) Review
- 12 Top Sports & Pokies Gaming Bars in Auckland City & Local Areas
- Right Track Sports Café Auckland Review
- The Clare Inn Irish Pub and Restaurant Mount Eden
- Pitt Street Pub Auckland Guide
- Headin Home Bar & Grill Pakuranga Guide
- Grey Lynn Tavern Auckland Guide
- The Kingslander Sports Bar Auckland Review
- Chilli Bar and Cafe Lynfield Guide
- The Fox Sporting Bar and Restaurant Auckland Review
- Brownzy Sports Bar Auckland Guide
- Hotel DeBrett Review Auckland
- The Cav Hotel Auckland Review