Cableways is a bar and dining venue where you can enjoy tasty food and refreshing drinks. Established in 1987, the venue is located near the original wheelhouse which provided power to cable cars during the 19th and 20th century. Located right over the hill from the Octagon, this venue has an English-style bar, restaurant and Tramshed Bistro.
The staff is proud of providing a themed restaurant with affordable, sumptuous meals. An interesting feature of this spot is the “No 93” tram. It is an original, restored Roslyn cablecar which forms the boundary between the dining and drinking areas of the venue. Families, friends, business groups and couples can feel quite welcome here. Read on to discover more.
The Food, Bar and Pokies at Cableways
You can find a collection of amenities geared to entertainment here. They include a restaurant, bar and game machines. The Tramshed Bar is a good spot for socialization while the restaurant is ideal for enjoying a variety of dishes. The gaming machines provide excitement and the possibility of winning a Aristocrat pokies jackpot.
Featuring a horseshoe central feature, this bar provides a collection of drinks for your enjoyment. You can find selections such as tap beer, wine, whisky, rum, gin, wine and cognac. In addition to that, the bartenders are courteous and ready to serve you. The bar is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11.00am until late. Furthermore, it is open from 10.00am during the rest of the week.
Best local pokies & Gaming in Kaikorai, Dunedin
While in this section of Cableways, you can decide to relax at the sporty leaners or at the classy main bar section. There are 18 pokie machines for your entertainment, an ATM machine and TAB facilities are on-site. In addition to that, you can find big screen TVs from which you can watch your favorite sports.
Dining at Cableways
You can enjoy some tasty eats while here provided by the Tramshed Bistro. There is never a dull culinary moment when dining at this spot. This is because the menu keeps changing from day to day. On Monday, the staff serves Mexican dishes such as baked enchiladas, shrimp diablo and the fajita sizzler which is awesome.
On Tuesdays, the venue holds the schnitzel night. The chefs prepare a collection of chicken schnitzels for guests. Chief among them is the Big Lizzie dish that is served with chips, a vegetable salad and a refreshing drink of your choice.
At Cableways, kids are not left out too. There is a special children’s menu that contains dishes such as Bangers N’ Mash, the junior cheeseburger and the “Wakari Whip” sundae will keep the ankle biters happy. To further keep the little ones parents smiling, their dishes are provided at the lowest prices.
Snacks Menu Sample Cableways
Guests at the Cableways can enjoy a Liquorland outlet. Here, there are beers and other types of alcohol for take away sale. You can buy the liquors by the bottle or by the case at great prices. In addition to buying, you can also ask for expert advice on all matters alcohol. Furthermore, Liquorland hosts wine tasting events. Here, you can sample some of the wines on offer and buy your favorite tipple.
Cableways strives to provide everything under one roof. In addition to that, you can book a table or a booth for yourself or a group. It’s a top spot for a little lunching, a few drinks or just a wee bit of pokies playing.
- Bar: open 11am till late every day
- Tramshed Bistro: lunch Mon to Sun 12 noon till 2.00pm. Evening dining every night from 5.30pm
- Liquorland: 10am till 9pm Mon, Tues, Wed, Sun. 10am to 10pm on Thur, Fri and Sat
Phone (03) 476 7680
Map and address
Cableways Bar & Bistro
3 Mellor St, Kaikorai, Dunedin 9010, New Zealand
More New Zealand Local Pokies Clubs, Restaurants, Pubs, Casinos
- The Law Courts Hotel Dunedin CBD Review & Pokies Gaming Lounge Guide
- Hotel Taieri Guide & Review
- Mosgiel Memorial RSA Guide
- The Golden Fleece Motel Waikouaiti Review
- Get to Know the Mornington Tavern Dunedin
- The Kensington Bar & Restaurant Dunedin Review
- Taieri Bowls Club Review
- The Baaa Sports Bar and Grill Review
- Cobb & Co. Restaurants & Saloons New Zealand Review
- Ocean Beach Hotel St Kilda, Dunedin Review
- Carisbrook Motel Dunedin Review
- Mitchells Tavern in Dunedin Review
- The Bog Irish Bars Review
- Tipplers Bar a Great Dunedin Sports Bar & Pokies Gaming Lounge
- Concord Inn Dunedin Review
- Dunedin Pokies Casino Guide
- Crofter’s Pub And Liquor Centre Mosgiel Review
- Mackies Port Chalmers Hotel