The Eastern Suburbs Tavern, formerly called the Glengarry Tavern, was established in 1963 in Invercargill at the Eastern end Of Yarrow Street. The tavern offers a local’s ambiance for relaxation, with a classic selection of cold drinks, 18 pokies machines and delish meals available.
The establishment has stayed true to its great reputation over the many years in business. The tavern is a member of Hospitality Association of New Zealand so you can be sure of high standards here.
Menu, About and Pokies at Eastern Suburbs Tavern
If you’re looking for the perfect space to host your kids’ birthdays, a wedding anniversary or a fundraiser, then this is the place for you. The tavern includes a function room with a capacity of up to 200 people and is ideal for any event. You can decide to either do the catering yourself or order in from the Tavern’s diverse menu which is cheap as chips.
Dining and Bar Information
The regular menu has basic burgers, fish n chips and sandwiches.
The function menu is organized in a range of four menu options from $6 to $11. Each menu is packaged to contain at least a club sandwich, savouries and a selection of dishes like chicken nuggets, spring rolls and fish items depending on your choice.
You can grab yourself a drink at the bottle store at great prices, it’s open daily from 11am to 11pm for wine, spirits, cold beers and other RTD’s.
The tavern takes pride in hosting fundraising activities to support the local community. There are regular game nights for this purpose in the East Lounge, with free quiz packs for guests.
|Casoo Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|
The tavern also includes it’s very own clubs such as the award winning pool club, dart club and patron’s club, each with different game night slots.
Popular Local Pokies in Invercargill
The Eastern Suburbs Tavern has a cracker range of pokies for player’s. They have 18 linked jackpot games to enjoy in one of the best gaming lounges in Invercargill.
Eastern Suburbs Tavern has a number of activities that keep the customers engaged and entertained. Some of these activities include:
Live entertainment on most Saturday nights
Quiz nights: Quiz nights are carried out at Eastern Suburbs Tavern to raise funds for sports teams, school groups and cultural events. The tavern has a spacious lounge that can comfortably cater for more than a hundred people.
The tavern also provide free quiz packs that will include all that is needed to have a successful quiz night. The quiz pack includes a Quizmaster or M.C., an electronic scoreboard and answer books.
Tavern Clubs Meetings
There are clubs that meet at the Eastern Suburbs Tavern on a regular basis. Some notable clubs are:
- Pool Club: the pool club meet every Wednesday night during the competition period. The pool club emerged winners of the 2015 9 Ball Competition.
- Patron Society: The Patron Society meet every Thursday night. There are over a hundred members in the Patron Society. The Society handles events like Christmas dinners, Patrons Day and the children’s Christmas party.
- Tavern Room: Eastern Suburbs Tavern has a function room that is ideal for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and fundraising events. The function room is able to take care of 200 people conveniently. The tavern also offers catering services but that is optional as you can bring your own caterer if you wish.
The facility provides great services and facilities in the local area. It’s a one stop venue for drinks, pokies gaming, live entertainment, dining and bonding with family and friends.
7 days from 11am to late.
Phone 3-217 5993
Map and address
Eastern Suburbs Tavern
60 Glengarry Cres, Glengarry, Invercargill 9810, New Zealand
More New Zealand Local Pokies Clubs, Restaurants, Pubs, Casinos
- Newfield Tavern a Invercargill Pokie Gaming Lounge & Big Willy’s Sports Bar
- The Makarewa Country Club Invercargill Review
- Invercargill Workingmen’s Club Guide
- Club Southland Review & Guide
- Northern Tavern Invercargill Guide
- Southland Sports Bar Invercargill Guide
- Waikiwi Tavern Review & Guide
- Glasines Restaurant and Bar Invercargill Review
- The Ascot Park Hotel Invercargill Guide & Review
- The Kelvin Hotel Invercargill Review & Guide
- Golden Age Tavern Anchorage Cafe Bluff Guide
- Southland Thar & Feather Restaurant Invercargill Review
- The Brewer’s Elbow lnvercargill Review
- Whitehouse Hotel Lorneville Review
- The Eagle Hotel Bluff Guide
|BIG SPIN Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|