PayPal is used millions of times each and every day in over 200 countries across the rock. You can use it pretty much everywhere now, from sending your nephew Bruce a few bucks for XMAS, or sending flowers to your BFF or to booking a hotel room online, it is really the world’s most popular way to buy stuff and send money online. Being a secure payment processor also makes it the ideal choice for funding and withdrawing of your winnings from several online pokies casinos.
Read Me First! things of note before using PayPal
Contrary to what you many read on other sites Aussie players cannot use PayPal at any web pokies site that we know of. If you have read that some casinos like 32Red, JackpotCity, All Slots, GUTS, Roxy Palace or Spin Palace accept PayPal as a funding source in AUD yes this is true, but they do not accept it from players that are located in the land down under. We have several (no PayPal but many other methods) approved sites for Aussie players in our reviews here.
Australians are stuck in a “grey zone” of sorts when it comes to online betting and this is why PayPal the company will not allow it’s use for Aussies to play the pokies online at the moment. It is not legally against the law for Aussies to play slots online and as such your credit card can be easily used instead of PayPal and the process is equally as secure and safe anyway.
PayPal Pros (the good stuff)
- The security of their payment processing system is the most secure network that you will ever find.
- Funding and cash-outs is instant to your gaming account for real money punters.
- No on-going subscriptions fees are levied on your account so if you don’t use it often it won’t cost you anything to maintain the account active.
- The casino never gets to access your credit card details so as you are already PayPal approved. Thus so you never have to send the casino copies of your CC or bank statement in the KYC – Know your customer requirements that you need to complete to cash-out your money.
- PayPal can be linked to your bank account so it has seamless integration when you pay someone.
PayPal Cons (the bad stuff)
- If you are exchanging funds from say AUD to USD or vice versa you will be hit with some funky (not very nice) currency exchange rates. They make huge bucks whenever they convert your funds from one currency to another.
- Some casinos might charge you a % fee when you deposit with this service so you get less available playing credits when you fund with it.
- Buyer payment protection is not offered with payments to online casinos, these are what they call “ineligible items”. PayPal normally has a policy of offering payment protection for only tangible or physical items i.e. stuff that you can actually get your hands on like a pair of shoes as an example.
- So along with a casino deposit anything like a download, crowd funding etc. may not be covered also.
- With this policy in place you’re on your own in the event of a problem. So you many as well just use your MasterCard as some protection may be afforded to you in the event of a dispute.
NB – the above info is subject to change.
|RED STAG Casino||Bonus||Compatible Devices|