What is responsible and smart gambling
Did you know responsible and smart gambling is when you…
- Are in full control of how much money and time you spend gambling online or at your local casino.
- Understand that casinos are in business only due to the fact that players lose more than they win.
- Understand that advertisements for gambling are designed by professionals that focus on manipulating human emotions and weaknesses.
- View gambling as a type of entertainment and enjoyment and not a way to earn money or an income.
- Only risk funds that you can afford to lose while gambling.
- Understand the risks and accept the odds that you will most likely win a big prize or jackpot.
- Understand that you will probably not win playing the pokies.
- Understand that you will probably not win betting on the horses.
- Understand that you will probably not win placing a sportsbook bet.
- Understand that you will probably not win on the lotto.
- Understand that you will probably not win gambling in any way shape or form.
- Don’t try and win back your losses or increase your bets when losing.
- Walk away when you are in front and don’t keep pushing your luck for more wins.
- Seek professional help when your gambling is affecting your health, work, family or social wellbeing.
- Stop gambling when it’s not fun anymore.
More information and support services www.begambleaware.org